View topic - EBAY scammer claims to have NOS Dodge parts

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:51 pm 

Hi Everyone I just want you all to be aware of a scammer on EBAY he is selling reproduction parts some he bought from me and selling them as NOS parts He said he found them in an old barn , Cindy talked to him and explained what NOS means . He said OK but he still has a radiator badge on there now that he is advertizing as NOS it was bought from me . This time on ebay he says it was in an old Dodge parts warehouse that they turned into a restaurant. We told him we would not sell to him so today he had his daughter call to buy a motor meter from us we did not sell to her either . His first seller name was joesduckhunting and now he is midwestoutfitters79 he is out of Smithville,Missouri His name is Brian Czugala So beware Tom Myers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:27 am 
Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:08 pm 
For those that don't know how to tell N.O.S.(orginial) from the repros.The quickes way to tell is to look how the emblem will mount.Most if not all repros.has a screw mounted in the center
a orginial will have a ring almost as large as the hole in which it fits on the rad.shell with slots to form taps and should have a ring to fit over this.To install one would insert the emblem thu the hole then install the outer ring then bent taps to hold the emblem.

Hope this helps,
Vern

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:09 pm 
Thanks Vern,Are you going to the Mini Meet