View topic - AACA library

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AACA library
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:51 pm 
It seems many do not know they can obtain copies of literature from AACA library. It can be done online very easily. Go to AACA library site, click on "online catalog" in upper right corner, click on "search AACA catalog" and select what type of literature you want to know about, manuals, pictures etc. A search bar will appear, type in the subject, such as 1924 Dodge Brothers, and it will show a list of what can be had. There is an online request form. Type in the subject number beside the specific piece you need and they will copy it for you for a small fee, either to disc or paper and send it to you. If you have unwanted DB literature it can be donated to the Dodge Brothers Club to be included in our inventory. Just specify it is to be placed with our club's stash. It will be added to our inventory and owned by the DBC. I have donated several manuals over the years, and obtained copies of others I need. There are quite a few clubs that store their literature in the AACA library, which is a public library. The literature is well cared for and NEVER leaves the building. AACA membership is not mandatory. All of the literature owned by AACA is accessible this same way for copies.

Post subject: Re: AACA library
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:47 am 
I can attest to this. Thanks to Doug's letting me know this, I have some copies of some items being sent to me from the library! It's being sent only a day or two after I sent the request! I was surprised how quickly they were getting the items out to me! I am hoping they will be helpful to what we are currently working on. If not, they will still come in handy at some point! Can't wait for my package to arrive! Thank you Doug!

Shannon