View topic - Macungie 2014

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Macungie 2014
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:19 pm 
Just wanted to remind everyone that the discount to register for Macungie 2014 ends December 31. We need all the Dodge/Graham Brothers vehicles we can find to show this year. We have the whole field beside the food/tent area to fill as DB and GB is the feature car this year. There is plenty of trailer parking if needed. If you have any questions contact me.

Post subject: Re: Macungie 2014
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:10 am 

Doug,
Are members planning on leaving their cars on the field for the two evenings? Do you know if security is provided?
I’ve never attended on Friday – how is the turnout?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:50 am 
Cars can be left on the field at night, they have a paid security. Fran, I rarely go Friday because I work. All DB's/GB's will be parked together at one end of the field beside the tent. 2013 I was off for Friday and went for the flea market knowing I couldn't get there Sat. or Sunday. The flea market and car fields were at least 1/2 to 3/4 full.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:51 pm 

No doubt about it, the "featured car" designated area is the prime display field for this show. Since there is overnight security, I plan on signing up my car for the three days.
Das Awkscht Fescht is one of the countries largest antique and classic car shows. Covering over 40 acres, a typical 3 day weekend features 3,000 cars and an attendance of between 40-50,000 people. An additional highlight is the auto flea market with over 600 vendors.
The Das Awkscht Fescht web site is : http://www.awkscht.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:56 pm 
Sent my Registration for Friday and Saturday for Macungie,
today.Won't be able to stay for Sunday because of travel time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:00 pm 

Doug,
What is the preregistration cost? I never knew of something like that.
I plan on bringing the "23" now that I had a tonneau cover made for it.I don't have to worry about the weather to and from a long distance show like Macungie or the 2014 meet.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:23 pm 
Its $12.00x 3 = $36.00 for the 3 days (preregistration) before 12/31/2013 after its $15.00 a day Saturday is free if you have a car 1895-1920

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:32 pm 
www.DasAwkschtFescht.com is the website, Joe. There is a registration form for EACH day. Make sure you say you are with DBC or DB display. As you know, cars are normally parked at different locations for Sat. then from Sunday. We will be staying in the same field all three days, cars CAN stay overnight or not. I'm glad you are bringing the Aussie.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:36 pm 

Das Awkscht Fescht is truly a unique old fashioned Americana experience. The food prices are always very fair and the entertainment under the band shell is always lots of fun (when you get tired of walking through the flea market). I can’t think of any Summer event that can compare with this early August festival.