View topic - 1925 Dodge Brothers Type-A or Type-B Sedan

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:05 pm 

Thanks much. Got the data from Chris and reading tons of literature along with book you also suggested that hopefully will arrive shortly. Meanwhile, Romar and Myers have also been very helpful. Thanks! Bill

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:01 pm 
So, explain what you've learned? I've heard bits and pieces, don't really know the difference.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:28 pm 

Here are toll-tale signs according to those that I've done research with:

1. Folding front seat with storage makes it a Type-B Sedan
2. Cowl lights make it a "Deluxe" or "Special" Model
3. While some literature I read says the Type-A has the solid split rims vs. wood spoke wheels, the pictures from Chris show the Deluxe B-Type with solid rims

Paint scheme seems to be about the same although it does appear that Dodge Brothers seemed to change their mind often. Body is Blue I with fenders, gas tank, front skirt of radiator, etc. in black. Vern was able to send a complete list of under the hood colors ranging from the blue/green normal engine color to black, unpainted, brass, etc.

Vehicle is totally disassembled and frame and other parts to media blasting and the shop in Lebanon, TN has volunteered their time and materials to blast the frame and powder coat for free. Trying to make her the best we can and will enjoy taking her to many shows once completed.

Still lots more coming in forms of books etc. My brother-in-law is a Sr. Exec with Chrysler so trying to leverage anything there too but records pre-1030 are not kept. I'll keep you posted as there aren't enough hours in the day to now read all I've gotten but we're racing time to be ready for Detroit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:41 pm 
Wasn't one of the '25-6 sedans a wood framed body, like a Chevy? Maybe even called a Fisher Body. I have a '24 Fisher Body coupe, or four passenger coupe, has wood structure like a a Chevy. Mine has a Body by Fisher tag on the right cowl. Will the paint be dry by Detroit? Speaking of paint, if you want a good sample of Dodge Brothers blue number 1 Chris has a dealer book with the '57 Studebaker Admiral blue in it. Admiral is the accepted substitute for DB blue 1. It is very dark.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:50 pm 

No Body by Fisher on this one and all steel frame. Interior of windows for trim attachment and front floorboards the only wood I can find. As for Detroit, I've got a great team on this project and hoping to surprise my father, a retired (80 year old) Naval Aviator with the car being ready and taking him to Detroit. The "build team" is all on the same page and heading to Alabama where the interior leather work will be done. Too many irons in the fire but loving it!!