View topic - Windshield Frame

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Windshield Frame
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:02 pm 

Is there a place where I can get a windshield frame for my 1917 Dodge Brother Touring car top and bottom frame
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Windshield Frame
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:48 am 

The one place that I would check is at a Swap Meet in your area. First of all where are you located? The Master Parts Book 1921 Edition that I have gives says that Touring and Roadster frames are the same. Which frame that would fit your Touring also depends on when it was built they list six different sizes depending on the car number which size would be the correct size for your car. Please let me know what the number is on your car and I will give you the correct size as per the parts book. Please let me know If you need any more information. Good Luck.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:35 pm 

DennisSchmidt wrote:
The one place that I would check is at a Swap Meet in your area. First of all where are you located? The Master Parts Book 1921 Edition that I have gives says that Touring and Roadster frames are the same. Which frame that would fit your Touring also depends on when it was built they list six different sizes depending on the car number which size would be the correct size for your car. Please let me know what the number is on your car and I will give you the correct size as per the parts book. Please let me know If you need any more information. Good Luck.

Hi Dennis

Just got to answer this email now.

I have a 1917 Touring car and the windshield frame I have measures about 36" center to center
on the post that goes into the body if this helps. I have the car totally disassemble
at this point.

Thanks
Bernie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:06 pm 

Bernie
In the Master Parts Book what you are measuring is called a Stanchion there are three different diameters of the shaft that goes in the body they are 5/8", 11/16 and 7/8". The Windshield frames themselves for a Touring 5/8" shaft upper frame 11"X39", the lower frame 9"X39". The Windshield frames for 11/16" shafts are, 10"X39" both upper and lower also depending on the Car number the frame could be 10"X38" for both upper and lower windshields. The Windshield frames with a 7/8" shaft for upper and lower 10"X38" as well as 10X38" for upper and 9"X38" so it depends on what the Car number of your particular car is.
Since you have the car dissembled you should have no problem finding the cars number. Here is where to look for the number. The Car number is stamped on a small plate near the right end of the upper toe board in the front compartment of the car, and also is stamped near the right end of frame center cross member which is under the floor board near the right front door. Hopefully you can find car number at one of those locations which will help to give you the correct Windshield and Stanchion along with the correct size.
The information above was taken from the Master Parts Price List, Fifth Edition July 1st 1921. Once again good luck.