View topic - Old Dodge Brothers owners manual?

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:32 pm 

Hi there, I came across an old Dodge Brothers motor car "Book of Information" that appears to be an early owners manual. The book itself is in VERY nice condition which makes me wonder if these were reproduced?

So far in my research, it is very similar to several I have seen on eBay but mine does not seem to have a copy right page or edition# of any type. Inside the back cover it has a small logo I am assuming from the maker... Cargill Peninsular Company Detroit Printers.

The book has 42 or 44 pages and it looks old, feels old, smells old, but like I said it appears to be in very good condition... like someone stashed it away in a stack of books and forgot it.

My questions: is it original or a reprint? What year is it? any idea what its worth?

Thanks for the help!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:53 am 

Look for information about the engine type as it should say number..... to number..... for information and then use that number to find out the year but i know very little about these car as i just brought my 1924 which looks more modern then the one in the book.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:15 pm 
The drawing of the dashboard is of a 1915. Does it have info on a magneto in it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:35 pm 

Yes it does... page 10 under "Standard Adjustments" has a section on how to adjust the Magneto.

Page 18 shows an illustration of the Magneto and Ignition system followed by a complete Ignition System description on pages 19 and 20.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:16 am 
It may be from the first production run, which is why there is no edition number. The dash is fairly early, with the pressurized gas tank fuel system; also the multi-pull switch for the lighting system. The chassis diagram shows the early starter too.