View topic - Looking for pre 1920 Charlotte AutoFair Lead

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:02 pm 
My name is David and I am currently interning at Charlotte Motor Speedway. One of the projects I am working on is for our Charlotte AutoFair. If you are unfamiliar with our show, the Charlotte AutoFair takes place twice a year and they are two of the biggest auto events in the country! The spring show, which takes place April 9-12 and is the larger of the two, brings in over 120,000 guests over the course of the event. Please let me know if you would like more information on the show as a whole.

One area that I am working on specifically is the Nationwide Insurance Pavilion. The Pavilion is hosted within our NASCAR Xfinity Series garage, which is a completely enclosed building that we transform into a high-end showroom with elaborate décor. Each show, this building features different displays to highlight special trends, anniversaries in the industry, hobbies and more. One of our most buzzed about displays this spring will be ‘100 Years of Dodge’ which leads me to why I am contacting you today.

Within this building there are only 40 spaces available and, pending your acceptance, we have selected your vehicle to be featured. For transportation, we would be happy to provide a mileage expense check based off of your round trip needed for delivery and return. For the safety of your vehicle, upon arrival we will immediately move it into the building and enclose it within velvet ropes that will be far enough away to keep attendees from touching it. We also have 24 hour security starting with the arrival of the first car. Upon the acceptance of this invitation, I would send you a form to fill out that we then use to create a special sign that will be displayed on a stand that goes under a tire and these make a great souvenir to take home.

For your consideration, we would look to have your vehicle arrive to property the Monday or Tuesday prior to the show (April 6 or 7) so that we can have everything in place before media arrive on Wednesday. It would then be free to return home following the show on Sunday between 4-5pm or Monday morning.

We greatly appreciate your consideration and please let me know if you have any further questions. I look forward to speaking with you further.

Sincerely,

David Freeman

Charlotte Motor Speedway

Event Logistics Intern

Office: (704)455-3205 | Fax: (704)455-2547

www.charlottemotorspeedway.com