View topic - Budd production photos

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Budd production photos
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:54 am 
Rick Brinker has posted about 3400 pictures on this site in the garage section under DB production photos. THANKS to RICK. John Parsons had bought them from someone a few years ago before he died. I scanned them all so everyone can see them. They show all aspects of Budd production. SOME of them had descriptions on the back. I scanned the picture then turned it over so the next photo is that description. There was a book with descriptions of SOME of the pictures too. I chose NOT to try to describe any that were not listed in the book. A few are obvious what they are. Most are dated. Some are not DB related, like Willys Overland, but hopefully they will help the owners of those cars. Let me know your thoughts. They raise a lot of questions with me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:05 pm 

Thanks again to all of you who made it possible for us to view these incredible photos.

I came across this one and was wondering if anyone can explain how they would have achieved this look ? It seems to be completely suspended in mid air. I didn't think this photographic editing technology was around that early so would this have been edited some years later ?

Attachments:
May 1916 Express body 317 01.jpg
May 1916 Express body 317 01.jpg [ 751.69 KiB | Viewed 25186 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:59 am 
David, I have a feeling they were smarter then we think. If you expand the picture the hood has an unusual edge like it was torn.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:56 pm 

They had to be pretty smart to be on the forefront of this industry. My goodness, some of the machinery alone leaves me speechless, it was crude but yet cutting edge for it's time I'm sure.

I see that edge you are referring to but where is the cloth that it's resting on or saw horses etc.. ?

Either way, it's an amazing photo, one of my favorites.. :D These photos are packed full of historically correct data. Still haven't made it through all of them yet...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:20 pm 
I have several people report in that they have looked at the pictures. Are you finding anything unusual? David Young saw the screenside truck with a VIM firewall on it. Rodger found the firewall on the roadsters are quite tall, much higher then the radiator. Mike Dolphin saw the inside door handles are horizontal instead of vertical. What have you found, maybe a picture number would help. I noticed none of the early cars had straps on the running boards for reinforcement like the very first DBs had. We know these are partly prototypes for study but many are production bodies. Are you seeing anything weird?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:23 pm 

Not sure if this was something already known to Victory Six owners but I wondered about the foot rest/storage area in the rear floorboard that appears to be carpeted.

Seems it would have been an extra but would like to hear from others who may know.

Pic #06615.0001

Attachments:
Oct 25 1927 06615 0001 Victory.jpg
Oct 25 1927 06615 0001 Victory.jpg [ 1.22 MiB | Viewed 24676 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:06 pm 
David, I do not know Victories good enough to answer your question. My '29 DA sport sedan has carpet in the rear and a rubber mat in front.