View topic - DB VC found in farm field

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:46 pm 

We recently cleared out some brush at the farm and found an old Dodge Brothers VC truck. Engine and drivetrain are in place along with chrome grill dressing but there is a good deal of rust which is expected for a car that been sitting outside in the field for 50+ years. I've been looking around the forums and internet but cannot make heads or tails of what it is besides a Model VC (Serial 8,558,548). If I can figure out how to upload pics I will. Can someone provide some info on the truck or point me in the right direction to continue my research???

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:05 pm 
MattDalon wrote:
We recently cleared out some brush at the farm and found an old Dodge Brothers VC truck. Engine and drivetrain are in place along with chrome grill dressing but there is a good deal of rust which is expected for a car that been sitting outside in the field for 50+ years. I've been looking around the forums and internet but cannot make heads or tails of what it is besides a Model VC (Serial 8,558,548). If I can figure out how to upload pics I will. Can someone provide some info on the truck or point me in the right direction to continue my research???

Do you have any pictures? Where did you find the serial number? Was it on the registration? What is the wheel base?
There is a "Serial Number Guide" available and the number you give would be a "F" series truck.
Email me at shermstake@comcast.net. I am near Sacramento CA.

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 293.59 KiB | Viewed 19020 times ]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 300.88 KiB | Viewed 19021 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:37 am 

Can you tell us if it's a pickup , panel truck , screenside , etc... ?

PM sent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:49 am 

Is it a 1/2 ton ?

Here's a chart from the T137 registry site that a gentleman named Eric runs:

http://www.t137.com/registry/help/parts ... de008.html

See attached chart below also:

According to the chart a VC model is a 1/2 ton with 116" wheelbase produced in late 1939 to early 1940. If you need more precise details about the truck I can provide Eric's email for you, he would know more about it I'm sure...

I would be curious to know how you came to the conclusion that it's labeled a Dodge Brothers ? I believe the Dodge Brothers label was dropped in 1938 but I could be wrong.

Attachments:
VC Chart.jpg
VC Chart.jpg [ 180.85 KiB | Viewed 18974 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:05 am 
Look at picture of 1940 tag. Note the Dodge Brothers Trademark on the vin tag.
This a case of "it is what it is". The history of this old trucks can still be puzzling. Note sure how long the trademark was shown.

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 152.37 KiB | Viewed 18961 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:46 pm 

The name "Dodge Brothers" carried on until 1947 or 48 on the tag on the firewall, on trucks, maybe later. It was dropped off the outside emblems on cars and trucks after 1938.