View topic - Dodge Brothers Blue

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dodge Brothers Blue
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:06 pm 
Reading the paint charts on this site it lists 2 different colors of Dodge Brothers Blue, one and two. Older closed cars were DBBlue 1, and the substitute paint is Admiral Blue from a 1957 Studebaker. Does anyone know exactly what this color looks like? I've found a Ditzler and DuPont number, the code is BCA. Paint chip sample books do not show chips for Admiral, it is however listed as an "additional color" suggesting it may be a partial year color. Has anyone figured out this puzzle? Autocolorlibrary does not have a chip for it either.

Post subject: Re: Dodge Brothers Blue
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:36 pm 
I found a dealer paint book at AACA library with a paint chip for Admiral Blue. It is a late '57 truck color. I got some more numbers and codes. My next stop is to see if my local paint store has a mix.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:20 pm 

Hi Doug,

During my research for the restoration of my 1920 Dodge wooden wheels I found information that advised a correct substitute color for the "Ditzler Paris Blue" is Pratt & Lambert Postal Blue (BV 013A) available in Marine enamel.

This, I believe, is correct for the whole wheel including wooden spokes, wooden felloe, felloe band, wheel hub & brake drum.

The demountable rim, demountable rim clamps, demountable rim bolts & demountable rim plates were zinc electroplated.

Credit for my findings go to Paul Smith & Rodger Hartley.

Hope all is well!

Dale

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:31 pm 
Hi Dale, have you seen the sun lately? I'm not familiar with the wood wheel paint. So you are saying the wheels are Paris Blue? I will try to find a picture of BV 013A. My quest for DB Blue #1 is for the body of the '18.