View topic - Help with 15 rim bolts

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help with 15 rim bolts
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:08 am 

Need help identifying and locating a supplier for my wheel bolts. I have never even seen the bolts at the bottom - being the ones for the rear hubs/ wood spokes and brake drum.
I also need a master parts book for my 15, as mine was damaged/stolen at the last restoration shop that I took it to (along with an mechanics manual and copies of all original photos of my disassembly.

John

Attachments:
IMG_0209.jpg
IMG_0209.jpg [ 1.25 MiB | Viewed 16815 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:14 am 

Restoration Supply Co. in Escondido, CA appears to have those "step bolts" in their catalog. I don't see the third. Their catalog downloads from their web page.

Resto shops can be destruction shops. Sorry it happened to you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:52 pm 

Thank you Wayne. Right in my neck of the woods, but I will keep looking. At $20 each, it is alot rich for my blood unless they were NOS for my 15.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:23 pm 

Myers catalog also lists "wheel clamp bolts" but no sizes /details given and price is "inquire".

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:37 pm 
The AACA library has the second, third and fifth edition of the 1915 parts book. You can order them online and they will send copies to you. go to AACA library and look for the online catalog.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:50 pm 

DougWalters wrote:
The AACA library has the second, third and fifth edition of the 1915 parts book. You can order them online and they will send copies to you. go to AACA library and look for the online catalog.

I'm not as good on the AACA site, because I only saw one and it didn't show an edition (looked last night).
Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:20 pm 
I used "1915 Dodge parts" as a search. Three came up, when you read the description it tells edition number. It depends on when your car was built which edition is correct second is June 1, fifth is Dec. 1. not sure of third. I also have one with no edition from Apr. 20.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:27 am 
The bottom two are the hub bolts, the middle one is front wheel, the bottom one is the rear wheel; the threaded "heads" are for the drive flange that bolts on engaging the live axle end. You are right, they're kinda unique!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:53 pm 

David_Dewey wrote:
The bottom two are the hub bolts, the middle one is front wheel, the bottom one is the rear wheel; the threaded "heads" are for the drive flange that bolts on engaging the live axle end. You are right, they're kinda unique!

You are right on the placement of all three. Now, if you could pull the rabbit out of the hat and tell me where to find them.....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:48 pm 
John,
Wish I could help--the best I can suggest is your local friendly machine shop and a deep pocket book. I doubt there is enough demand to justify someone doing a production run. Fortunately (knock on wheel wood) I have enough for my car! I will ask around this area though, you never know!