View topic - Early Hood Photos Please

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Early Hood Photos Please
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:52 pm 

As I said in an earlier post, my DB hood was removed from a restoration shop a few years ago. I now have to have a new hood fabricated. A very generous "Brother" has provided me a lower side panel so that I can have another made from that. He also has a newer top panel. It was pointed out to me: The early hood details are a little different than the post-1916 hoods, in particular the way the top panels overlap the side panels at the side hinge point. The later hoods butt together at that hinge point.

If some of you with early cars can send me some detail photos, it would be greatly appreciated.

I will follow up to this thread later this evening with some photos of my cars body "issues". Although the rolling chasis appears to be very early, there is a question as to the body. I will post photos and seek opinion.

Thank you all.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:53 pm 

Bob Scafani has a hood top 2 pieces listed on ebay. Search ebay for this number. 380850435579 It is listed as a 17-18 but it has the overlap on the hinge you talk about. Hope that helps.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:00 pm 
I questioned Bob, he says that hood will NOT fit the early '16 cars

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:24 am 

I was able to track down my missing hood. With new friends from the HCCA in San Diego, I will have it home real soon. Best news is after 20+ years, I took my car off of my street and down "the big hill" by my house. Round trip 2.25 miles and she made it just fine. San Diego county, get ready to see my 15 DB around town!