View topic - 33 DP interior

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 33 DP interior
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:18 pm 
Can anyone display photos of original interior trim for a DP please?
I have a Brougham in very original condition that has a couple of issues that I would like to correct if possible. The car is too good to restore and remove all that is correct about it but for one thing it has no rear floor covering.
It had a modern carpet covering a piece of hardboard and when I lifted that I found a foot well.
Did all D.P.s have a pressed metal foot well and if so how was it trimmed? Rubber? Carpet?
I have the original front rubber mat in the car with some tears & splits but clearly a good example of what it was originally.

The braided trim that covers the joins in the corners where the walls meet the head liner are damaged in places and I would like to be able to repair or replace those too if possible. Any clues please?

thanks in advance, Graham

Post subject: Re: 33 DP interior
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:09 pm 

I have an original 1933 Dodge DP sedan in my barn in Maine. Presently, I'm in Florida for the winter and unable to take pictures. As I recall the rear floor is mohair color,cut pile. There is a foot rest for the backseat passengers, not sure of the covering, could be the same as floor material. I don't recall any metal depression in the floor. I have a few good pictures of a restored interior of the DP, I saved when it was on Ebay. I'll attach them to an email if you want to view them.

Wish I had access to the car to be of more help

Brad Werner

Post subject: Re: 33 DP interior
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:47 pm 
Thank you. That would be great to see those photos.
I am interested to know if there are any differences between the regular sedan and the Brougham that I have.
Not just in the floor but the headliner, door cards,seats, and the braided bits that hide the joins etc.
Mine does not have a foot rest and I see no signs that it ever did.
I would love to see some pics of you car when the sun comes out in the north.
Thanks again
Graham