View topic - information wanted on a 1919 Screenside

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:36 pm 

First if all I am a new member and I just picked up the car this month. I was told it is a 1919 Screenside. I am waiting for the paperwork. My questions are:

The rear fenders are beyond repair. What years /models are compatible?
I am missing the grille. Again, what years/models are compatible?
The roof was on the ground and it burned during the Butte fire in California a month ago. Does anyone have any dimensions or detailed photos of a roof? I have all of the hardware.

Thanks in advance. I am new to Dodge Brothers cars and I would like to restore this car back to as close as original as I can.

Brian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:44 pm 

Brian, I looked in the Master Parts book which I recomend you get, check this site or the Antique Automobile Club of America for a copy. On the AACA site I saw a discussion that mentioned a guy who had copies forsale. The fenders according to the Master Parts book that I have says Business cars are the fenders that you will need. The Car Number will be found stamped on the small plate near the right end of the upper toe plate in the front compartment of the car, and also stamped near the right end of the frame center cross member which is under the floor board near the right door. Check this number to confirm what year and when built. I got the above information from the Master Parts Book that I have. Good Luck Dennis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:24 pm 

Thanks Dennis. I did locate the serial number after i removed the body and it turns out to be a 1920 vehicle. I will definitely order the book.

Brian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:20 am 

The 4 cyl DB's don't have a grille. Did you mean radiator shell? If so, I believe those are the same from mid 1917 to early 1922. Any body style including screensides, panels, cars. Not too hard to find.

Dave